Saturday, August 30, 2008

If I'm on the ground... step over me.

So I haven't been running at all in the past month - and only walking a little (so much for my 800miles before the 3day) so when the Sunrise on the Square 5k came up... I was a little unprepared to say the least. I did my crash runs the week before...
1.5 miles Sunday - thought I was going to throw up
2 miles Tuesday - thought I was going to pass out and then throw up
3 miles Wed - Actually made it without thinking about throwing up
Break Thurs
3 miles Friday - Didn't feel like throwing up until the near end
5k Saturday - Side stitches, thoughts of barfing, lots of hills... but made it through!!

And after all this... I got 3rd place... I was pleased :)
Not to mention - this is pretty much the same course as the Run to End Domestic Violence 5k I did back in May or something - and I ran 32:15 in that race, in the Sunrise 5k I made it in 29:48.. not to shabby.

Now for the frustrating news.
So I've been busting my butt keeping up with running (with the exception of the HOT August month), something I never even thought I could do... only to find out that WALKING is what is messing up my knees and hips!!! Yes, all these years I avoided running because I thought it was screwing my knee up, but no... it was walking. I'm assuming it has to do with the way I heel strike when I walk.

So what's the problem you say? The problem is that I'm supposed to be WALKING the 3-day... and the only way to train for the actual event is to WALK ...
ugh... well whatever, I think I may scrap my 800 mile plan, keep running during the week so I dont feel like barfing at my 5k's... and just doing long walks on the weekend.

15miler tomorrow - I may wear Chris's old shoes cause mine are too small for walking, and Run Fit (only the BEST shoe store ever) moved to Warner Robbins... what's up with that? So I'm seriously thinking about wearing Chris's shoes and bringing backups just in case... I'd rather have banana boat feet than blisters up the ying yang...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home