Saturday, July 12, 2008

Another 5k - Another Trophy

And yes, I AM bragging!! haha. I convinced my mom, sister and brother to all do a 5k with me in Loganville (Walnut Grove 5k Breakaway). I thought I had my dad convinced to do it too, but no such luck :( Hopefully he will do the one in September.

But back to the story... So we all woke up and went to the race. This is my mom's first 5k, so she immediately was intimidated by the "snobby" runners who were all stretching in their short shorts and running pre-race warm-up laps. I kept telling her it's not about everyone else, that finishing the 5k would be a great sense of accomplishment and just to focus on HER race. So we go pick up our t-shirts which are TOTALLY cute by the way, toss them in the car, and line up.

The race begins and my brother actually kept up with me for the first 2ish miles!! I was impressed!!! Caron wasn't far behind either! I cross the finish line first at a time of 28:09!! That's my best 5k time yet! Shortly after Tim crosses, and then I jog back to where my mom is... passing Caron along the way who was on the last little stretch to the finish line. I found my mama and walked the rest of the way to the finish line with her! She had HER best time yet of 46:30 - not too shabby for walking most the way!!

The times were posted and I got 1st place in my age group!! Woo Hoo!!! My brother got 1st place in his age group (and 2nd, and 3rd... haha he was the only one in his age group) and my mom got 3rd in her age group!! My sister just barely missed the cut... but there were a lot of gals in our age group!!

Anyway, the trophies are TOTALLY cute bobble heads!! It was a fun weekend and now my mom is HOOKED on 5k's (I knew she would be) Our next family race is Sept 20th in Loganville... maybe Dad will be there and make it a TRUE Bell family event!!
More photos will be posted on http://btp.smugmug.com
Look for the Walnut Grove 5k Breakaway



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home