Sunday, August 31, 2008

15 Miler

Well, I did it. I completed the 15 mile training walk!!!

It was me (obviously), Linda, Linda's friend Lisa, Val and Mary Ann... Ok, well Val had to cut the walk short so she could make breakfast/brunch... but the rest of us walked it out and did 15 miles.

I'll have to admit, it was loooong.. and I was walking in Chris's cheap crappy size 9.5(in men's) shoes. Why???? Because my shoes are too small and my favorite running store moved, so I couldn't get new shoes last night. I figured for a long walk I'd rather have shoes a little too big than too small. They actually worked ok. No blisters, my feet ended up swelling enough to fill them up (shut up.... no big foot jokes). We stopped at Rita's to get an Italian ice and then headed back on the cart path. Once we came back to the parking lot we realized we had only walked 13 miles so a little disheartened, we had to keep on walking another mile up and then back a mile for a total of 15... but we made it :)

Tomorrow Chris and I are heading to City Sports in Atlanta to exchange his Newtons due to a slight engineering problem... and also to get me some new walking shoes!!!

I'm also eagerly awaiting my pink Road Id. The website said they will be ready on Aug 30th... it's the 31st.. tick, tick, tick...

Guess that's it for today... I'll post a pic of my new shoes when I get them.


Yep, it's blurry because I was walking...


I tried again... Way to take up the entire pic Mary Ann haha. You look like a cheerleader ;)

1 Comments:

At September 5, 2008 at 2:57 PM , Blogger Just Like Joan said...

Yeah! Congrats on the 15 miles! I have only done 13 so far!
Joan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home