Saturday, September 6, 2008

TO-GA, TO-GA, TO-GA...

Chris and I did the Toga Trot 5k race today in Peachtree City! It was the inaugural event so it was fun to be part of the first one! Chris and I wore togas, but there were only about 10 other folks sporting them. Hopefully next year more people will wear them because it's FUN!! The course was pretty good... it stayed on the golf cart path for almost the entire race just finishing up in front of the Phi Mu headquarters. There were quite a few hills - not quite as bad as the Newnan races I've done, but they were hills for sure. My finishing time was 28:24 and I finished 2nd in my age group! Another little plaque to hang on the wall.. hmm I think I need a trophy room hahahaha.

After the Toga Trot I headed back to the yard sale.. oh yeah, I forgot to tell yall about that. So my friend is getting married in October and is raising money for her honeymoon - so I joined up with her garage sale and had a garage sale to raise money for the 3-day. I got about $100 and it was just mostly selling little 25 and 50 cent items, so I can't complain!! Friday was the busiest day - Saturday was slow and then it rained, but hey, $100 is $100!!!!

Toga pics (provided by www.simphotos.com) soon to come...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home