Sunday, September 7, 2008

4 new friends and 15 miles...

So today we had a 15 mile walk scheduled... Walkers included Mary Ann, Joanne and me.. then we had some new friends join us today!! I met Melissa online on the 3-day forum, and she invited her teammate and another friend from another team! I LOVE making new friends - the more the merrier!! The 15 miler was great. We did the 10k loop (with the bonus mile added in there) then across the bridge over 54 and did the Toga Trot course... then back to the library and around the lake. We stopped a few times for blister prevention, water breaks, and potty breaks, but we made AMAZING time!! We were haulin!!

Right at the very end of our 15 miles we had a gal stop us and ask if we were doing the 3-day... turns out she is walking too!! So of course I invited her to our training walks, and just like that - we made another new friend - Robin! She was walking with her daughter Grace who I am SURE is glad we came along... now she's off the hook as a walking buddy haha.

Four new friends and 15 miles.. all in 4 hours. Can't beat that!

Mary Anne, Amy, Shannon, Melissa & Joanne -
We didn't meet Robin till the end, but she will be here next time!

2 Comments:

At September 8, 2008 at 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girl, I came to see how you are doing and you have been very busy posting and training! I have missed SO much! Glad to see you finished a 15 miler-- we will be attemptin it soon too. Are you guys saving up team funds? I saw you are not quite to goal yet. Let me know if I need to make a donation. :)

 
At September 10, 2008 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Kim said...

I love being out on a walk and meeting random 3-Dayers. Always fun.

Twin Cities is in 9 days!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home