Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tyrone Founders Day 5k

Ok - I swear this blog is not ALL ABOUT my 5k's... I'll be posting about a way cool fundraiser we are doing on Oct 1st. I also keep eagerly awaiting the post where I can say that I've REACHED MY GOAL... but that hasn't happened.... yet.

Anyway, back to the Tyrone Founders Day 5k. It was wonderfully chilly this morning. Chris didn't want to get out of bed, but we got there and picked up our LIME green shirts (which I actually LOVE) and then had a chance to do a little mini jog before we lined up. The course was described as "simple" - and then he clarified that "simple" does not mean "easy" and that there were a lot of hills.

We took off slow and steady as always, passed the barefoot runner guy (I still haven't blogged about him... I need to - he's awesome!) and before we knew it - mile 1!! Easy breezy. Then kept on and then mile 2!! Hey, this one is going pretty easy today! After the 2nd mile I started getting warmed up - this usually happens at mile 2 for me which means that I need to be one of those over zealous runners and do the "warm up lap" before I run. Anyway, I started picking up my pace and I swear, before I knew it I was the home stretch!!! I finished in my best time EVER at 26:27!

I've always said I just want to finish in 27:xx minutes and today I crushed that!!! Now obviously to a serious runner that's still pretty slow, but I was totally stoked and finished 2nd place in my age group! (First place was WAY faster than me) Oh and Chris?? He finished 2nd too!! He makes me mad... he never runs during the week and can still kick my butt. Jerk ;)

Well, we went home, changed, and then cut down 2 trees in our front yard. Took 4 hours total to cut them down and drag them to the woods. I'm exhausted and the pizza was great thank you.

No walking for me tomorrow, but gearing up for our 15/18 back to back next weekend

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At September 20, 2008 at 12:42 PM , Blogger Just Like Joan said...

Congrats on a GREAT time! You would kick MY butt if we ran together - make you feel better?

Joan

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home